Kin pira ... a stir fry of root vegetables, sesame oil, soy sauce, and mirin (sherry) ... a classic Japanese side dish ... usually ... with julienned gobo root, sliced lotus root, or car rots ... salty and sweet, and goes so well with rice ... only takes like 5 minutes to whip up
Nin jin no Kin pira (Carrots & Sesame Stir Fry)
1 car rot, juli enned
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Heat a fry ing pan over medium-high heat, and pour in sesame oil.
2. Throw in car rots and stir fry for a few minutes.
3. Move car rots to one side of the fry ing pan, and pour in soy sauce on the naked side. Let it bub ble away and caramelize a bit, and quickly stir fry to mix. Repeat with mirin.
4. Remove from heat, and mix in sesame seeds and bonito flakes.
5. Kin pira holds for a few days refrig er ated in a sealed tup per. Nom with hot white rice!
Recipe from the wonderful food blog I Nom Things.
Visit to see her beautiful photo!