Sunday, August 8, 2010

DIY Ice Cream

UPDATE: What I really "need," apparently, is the Pacojet (Model 16000). You will too once you read the linked article.

Image by Sur la Table.

I love the "ready-to-go" feature of Delonghi's machine, it looks like it could be a bit of a countertop hog and I am very protective of my cupboard and countertop space. Not to mention that I don't plan on making ice cream very often.
Cuisinart's is cheaper but you have to pre-chill the bowl for 24 hours. And there is that issue of kitchen real estate again.
And I already have the Kitchenaid mixer which makes their attachment the practical choice. It also involves a length pre-chilling of the bowl and the reviews for this one are mixed.

Don't lose Shelterrific's wonderful sounding Frozen Greek Yogurt recipe for ice cream!

Greek Yogurt Ice Cream
(Adapted from Restaurant As by Bon Appetit, originally posted by Shelterrific)

1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup whole milk Greek-style yogurt
1 cup heavy cream
2 1/2 tbs lemon juice


For sorbet inspiration, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment